Abraham Lincoln could not have said it better when he stated “the best way to predict your future is to create it your-self!” All to often clients come in to see me because they are afraid of the future. Afraid what “MAY” happen. What they don’t realize is that the future is created through their own actions. Whatever they are focusing on they are creating. So if there thoughts are filled with “what if’s, thats impossible, I can’t do that , I’m no good, or I’m stupid etc,” guess what their future may look like?
Successful people have a vision and then take baby steps towards that vision. But many people get hung up on not knowing what they want? However, it is not as complicated as you may think. It really comes down to changing the message you send your-self. Instead of saying “I don’t know what I want,” say “I am working towards figuring out what I want.”
Yes creating your future is hard work and time consuming but what is the alternative?
so here are some basic steps to work towards creating the life you have always wanted.
- So start looking for clues as to what you like. Remember keep it simple
- Write down three things a day that you are grateful for.
- Pay attention to your feelings…what are they trying to tell you
- what is one small thing you can do to work towards your goal.
- create a vision board
- Do one thing differently everyday. For e.g. brush your teeth with your opposite hand